Blog

Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Is Blogging For Me?

How do you start a blog? It's rather weird. You sit here and stare at the computer screen. And you think about your life and what could possibly be interesting enough to ... well, interest people. I was asking a friend how you are supposed to start one and he said that I should start by talking about how global warming is destroying our galaxy ... What nonsense! (Note: Dacia Loa does NOT believe in global warming! ... This is for future reference!). So I suppose I should just start by talking a little about myself.

Probably everyone that will ever read my blog will be people that already know me. But just in case that isn't true I will write a few things about myself. My name is Dacia (Day-see-uh). I am 19. I live in Toluca, Mexico (which you will know if you read the "about me" part). My parents are missionaries. I have a brother, Jacob, who still lives at home. And I have a sister who is already married and fortunate enough to be living in the United States!

Right now I am actually in Texas with my sister. I decided to stay behind while my dad goes preaching around the country! My decision was mostly based on the fact that I get extremely carsick thus making it difficult to enjoy the road trip.

So far I have had fun with my sister(even though she works almost all of the time). Last Sunday after church we went to the Lake to "get in the water." My sister has a water phobia so it's really a miracle when she actually does get in. And last Sunday was really a miracle. She wanted me to teach her how to swim! So I had fun trying to teach her the little I know about swimming. And then we just layed there floating on our backs. I smiled while I layed there staring at the sky. All I could remember were the times when we were younger and we would argue. But we could never get completely mad at each other. Because we would just start thinking about how stupid we sounded and we would start laughing our heads off. SIGH ... those were the good times!!

So how's this for a first post? Boring? I think so. :)


"C'mon, just do it!"



"Sisters!!"

No comments:

Followers