Blog

Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

This Is Mexico ...

I got to thinking that I should post pictures of where I live. I live in Toluca, Mexico. There are approximately 2 million people living in Toluca.


So we don't live in a small primitive town or anything. But whether you live in a little town or a big city. There's some things that don't change. For example:

Chickens in the market.

Oh, and where do you suppose they were before they arrived at the market all fresh and pretty? Take a look:


In the sun and heat in the back of a truck! (Now do you understand why I don't eat chicken anymore?)


And how about this:


Pig heads in the market! (I must admit that I still like to eat at that market even though it smells awful and is full of gross looking stuff)

And you will still see these kind of things too:

The poor "burro."

Oh, and did I mention the graffiti? Graffiti is one thing that can make me VERY mad! I just can't stand it when people ruin pretty (or not) things with it.


And just how do people get way up there to do all their "art?"


Okay, and now that I've shown you some of the not so pretty things about Mexico ... how about I show you some of the pretty things (or cool anyways). Like I said, I really love the cool things you get to see as a missionary's kid.

Downtown Toluca.


I forget what this place is called. But this is in Mexico City (we only live about 20 minutes outside of Mexico City).


The golden angel (Angel of Independence?), also in Mexico City.



The sun pyramid in Teotihuacan.


Our volcano,"El Nevado De Toluca."

Mexico has several volcanoes. And here is another one that we went to see in the state of Michoacan. It had these holes in the rocks near the top that had steam coming out of them. It was really neat.

The Paricutin is a volcano that I learned about in school when I was a little kid. So when I actually saw it in real life I was excited! I mean, how many times do you actually get to visit the places you read about in books?

This is where I live. This is what I know. This is my life. It's not always sight-seeing, in fact, it's mostly boring. Most of the time I just sit around in our house and do nothing. But when I get to thinking about all of the places I've been and the things that I've seen (and all the souls that have been saved) I start to think that it just might be worth it.

This is Mexico ...
~Dacimay~

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The place in Mexico city is called Museo de Bellas Artes

Followers