Blog

Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

What's New?

This past weekend we were fortunate enough to have Bro. Wilson and his family with us here in Toluca! We hung out with them for a few days and had a lot of fun! We took them up to see this place up in the mountains where the Otomi Indians make handmade rugs. I really enjoyed it. I had never actually listened to the man that takes us on the tour of the workshops. This time I listened though.

Here is a list of facts. 1. The workers work eight hours a day. 2. It takes forty days to finish one meter (approximately three feet) of the rug. 3. It takes them two months to finish a big rug. 4. Each big rug has about one hundred and forty thousand knots (they tie every strand that they weave in into a knot). Are these boring facts or what? I cannot believe that I remembered them!

A big thanks to the Wilsons for stopping by here! I had lots of fun with Cassia (although I am sort of an old ladyish, boring girl). I am glad to have made a new friend!


Bro. Wilson preaching!


Sis. Wilson playing the altar call.


Singing!


Cassia & I at the place where the Indians sale handmade rugs!


The pretty rugs!




This rug cost three thousand dollars!


The workshop.










I love green!!


A humongous boulder in the middle of the road!


Sheep in the road!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

where have you been ms.blogger? You haven't blogged in almost 2 wks :(

Followers