Blog

Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 16

~A picture of someone who inspires you~

Well, truthfully ... no one inspires me. Inspiration come from within ... or maybe not! I'm just trying to sound philosophical!

OKAY! I have been thinking about this for an hour now. I still can't think of anyone who inspires me, per se. I mean, there are so many people I could choose.


I could start with Christophorus Colombo/Cristobal Colon, or as us Americans call him: Christopher Columbus.


Christopher Columbus, born in Genoa (in Italy), who sailed on his first voyage with the three ships, the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria, to discover new lands. And although we know he was not the first person to "discover" them, he is accredited for it. Imagine, day after day at sea, not knowing when you will ever see land again. Or if you were about to fall off the face of the earth (hehe). But then they heard the shout, "Land!" And Christopher claimed the land for Spain!


Or what about my all-time favorite, Paul Revere, the Boston silversmith.


Many people may not know that much about him. But he rode the famous "midnight ride" for freedom. Sounding the alarm to the countryside that the British were coming, at the start of the revolutionary war. The colonies fought against their motherland for freedom! And they got it! But think of Paul Revere. He rode a dangerous ride. The redcoats were patroling the roads. He was even caught at one point. But he didn't give up. He was on a mission for freedom!

" Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-Five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year "
-excerpt from "The Midnight Ride" by Henry W. Longfellow.

I could go on and on listing people that I have read about. But one thing I see in common with all of the stories I have swirling in my head is one word: Perseverance.
Never give up. Quiting is not an option. I like that. :D

So I wouldn't really call them my inspiration. But I guess it's something similar, anyways.

No comments:

Followers