Blog

Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Don't Want To Live On Memories

Before I Begin I Wanted To Say:
I had some people tell me (maybe it was the voices in my head) that "lame" doesn't really rhyme with complain (remember the little rhyme I wrote about voting). But, I mean, I remember studying about poetry in school and from what I remember you could write a poem like that. The words didn't have to rhyme exactly. It was a technique called ... nahtalpomes'haftarime. Because then it would just be cliche.

THE POLL:
The poll "Which Color Is More Attention Calling" has officially ended! And I won! I won!
Orange has been voted as the brighter color! I always knew it was (I won, FrutiLupis! Sorry, I just have to keep rubbing it in)!


I meant to write about this last Sunday night, but I forgot:

My dad hasn't been feeling too well lately so last Sunday he switched up the service. He usually does all of the singing, but I did the singing instead. Man, remember how I used to complain about how cold the building we were renting was? Well, we sure could've used some of that coldness in our church Sunday. It was SO hot!

I started out singing two slow songs. Then I moved on to two fast songs. Well, then everyone started dancing, jumping, and clapping! Then it got super hot. I don't think I had ever sweated so much in my entire life. I felt like I was in a desert. My tongue felt like it was swollen 100x bigger than it should be (that's when you wish you had a bottle of water). By the time I got through singing I felt like I was going to pass out. I had to go outside and stand in the cool air.

Then my dad had one of the ministers, Bro. Cartas, go up and preach.
Bro. Cartas moved down here, from a church in Missouri, several months ago to help my dad. He is from Mexico, but he had been living in the US for about ten years, I think. He and his wife are very good people. They have really been a blessing! I am glad that my dad has a couple of men down here who he can depend on.



 I hadn't heard Bro. Cartas preach yet, since he came down here while I was still in the US. Well, I was very impressed. He did a really good job.
He preached: "No Quiero Vivir De Recuerdos." (I Don't Want To Live On Memories).
The point was that we shouldn't live our lives only remembering what God has done in the past. But we need to live knowing that He can still do those things today. And he talked about how when you see people in the front dancing and you remember when you used to do that, but that's all you do: remember. Because we have become satisfied with letting the new people do it. We think we are so mature/spiritual that we don't need to do those things anymore. We get to where we think our salvation is guaranteed.
I must say that it really hit my heart hard. I mean, you can sort of become that way. It's easy to do.

I don't want to be that person who doesn't pray or worship during church. I don't want to be that person who thinks that they're too good for it. I don't want to be that person who always says, "I remember when I received the Holy Ghost ..." I want to be that person who says, "I thank God for giving me His spirit everyday." I want to be that person who keeps it alive inside of me. I want to be that person who does everything they can to see a soul saved. I don't want to be a complacent Christian.

 Anyways, I just thought I'd share that.
 Let's remember to give our best do the Lord at church, at home, at work, or wherever we are!
And let's all go out and try to make some new memories, instead of living on old memories.


Peace, Love, & Memories!
Dacia Loa

No comments:

Followers