Blog

Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Bugs Go Flying One By One, Away! Hurrah!

This is definitely the mosquito season. And since it rains a lot around here, there is always stagnant water (perfect breeding place for the nasty bugs).

 
Did you know that only female mosquitoes bite? The reason for that is because they need protein to develop their eggs. And human blood contains protein. SIGH! Evil female mosquitoes!


These mosquitoes have been filling up the church and biting us all during the teaching/preaching. I have at least five hundred bites. :/

So my dad bought two tiki torches to put outside of the church door. I kept calling them tiki torches, and my family was like, "Huh?" But I looked it up, and that is what they are called. I don't know how I knew that, but I guess that just proves that your mind collects useless information to use someday at the perfect moment.



Filling the torch up with mosquito repellent!

It looked like we were having some sort of an Indian Tribal Ceremony! "Heya, heya, heya, heya. heya." :D

Well, good news! The tiki torches did help repel the mosquitoes! Yes!


Peace & Love
Dacia


6 comments:

Kristen said...

Maybe it's bcuz Uncle Albert had some?

Dacia Loa said...

Hmmm ... they did have some, but I never remember them calling them that (or even mentioning them at all). Mum's theory is that it's in a game that I used to play. I believe she may have hit the jackpot! :D

Hannah said...

Lol we have some and that's what we call them last time u were over I think we talked about them! Lol

Dacia Loa said...

Hmmm ... maybe that's where I got it from!

Mary Frances said...

Awwww man...we hav an overwhelmin amount of mosquito bites here too!!! What really gets me is that they bite us WITHOUT us even knowin...in my opinion...thats JUST CREEEEEEEEEPY!!!

Dacia Loa said...

Hmmm ... I think I read something about mosquitoes injecting some sort of something (haha) into your skin when the bite, which is why we can't feel it! So yeah ... that is CREEPY!!! :D

Followers