Blog

Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Am Happy ...

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Today is a very happy day! It's one of those days where you just turn on black gospel music and dance around your room.

But I always get one question when I am happy and in love with life. The question (which annoys me): "What's his name?"
That always makes me frown. I mean, does everyone's minds' think that happiness revolves around having a guy in your life? Well, I am not that narrow-minded. Because I have discovered the secret to true joy.

So his name is No One, but HIS name is Jesus! I am not "in love" with a guy. I do not have a boyfriend. But I am in love with Jesus and He makes everyday good.

Speaking of true joy ...
My brother-in-law and I always have this debate about happiness/joy. He thinks that happiness and joy are the same thing and I do not. To me happiness is more superficial and is in the mind, but joy runs much deeper and is in the heart. And if something causes you to be upset and down most would say that you are unhappy. And that, to me, is true. Yet I have found that even when I am upset and subsequently "unhappy" I still feel joy in  my heart. Because when you have God no matter what you can still feel that reassuring peace and joy in your soul. It's like a bubbly ... happiness. HEHE. (I just sort of contradicted myself.) 

Okay, so maybe my happiness today also has teeny tiny bit to do with the fact that we are going to the US tomorrow! LOL. But, hey, that doesn't mean that all of what I wrote above is not also true. He.He.He.
Anyways, my point is that I am happy and it's because of God ... and because we are going to the US. :D

Okay, it's time to get ready for church. But I think I will write after church. Man, I see that I am inconsistently consistent. Or perhaps it's consistently inconsistent? You see, every few weeks I get into this mood where I want to write a ton. Then the next week I don't want to write. And this repeats over and over. So I am consistent ... in an inconsistent way.

Bye!
Dacia


2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm excited to see y'all!!!!!! :)

Dacia Loa said...

Goodness, you read my blog that fast?! I just posted this!! LOL! :D
And I can't wait to see y'all either and eat TURKEY!! YUMMY!! :P

Followers