Blog

Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I Just Feel Lucky

Have you ever had one of those moments where you just feel lucky?

Well, I just had one of those moments. Of course, I know a lot of people freak out at the use of the word "lucky". I don't understand that. *shrug*

Anyways ...
My brother wanted to go to Starbucks to get a Frappuccino. So I, being the nice sister, offered to take him and buy him one. See, I have a Starbucks card that my sister bought me for my last birthday and it still has money on it. So off we went.
Well, first we had a little debate and THEN we left.

Jacob: I'm going to drive.
Me: No, I am because I am the one buying you the coffee.
*I walk out the door and head to the passenger side of the car*
*Jacob looks at me weird*
*We get in the car*
Jacob: I thought you were going to drive.
Me: *shrug*
Jacob: You just don't want to drive 'cause you'd have had to back out of the driveway.
Me: Nope. (Inside my head: YEP.)

That was our little discussion. And then we headed down the road to Starbucks.

When we arrived we saw that it was extremely busy. I got Jacob to go through the drive-thru. And we waited for about twenty minutes in the drive-thru. And right as we are going up to the window I said, "They are soooo slow!" And I called them a name which I will not repeat (it's not a bad word ... it's just not very nice ... HE! HE!).  And then the girl opens the window and says: "Thank you for your patience. Because you have been waiting for awhile you are getting one of your frappuccinos for free."
OOPS! Hey, I didn't really mean to call them names! I was only kidding! HEHEHE! (My sister says that they heaped hot coals on my head ... uh oh!).

Afterwards I told Jacob: "Man, I'm such a lucky person. I got a free drink even after I called them names! God always blesses me." (Bear in mind that I didn't call them a name to their face ...)
 Jacob: That's why you should never call people names ... like me. That's why I'm lucky. They gave me the free drink."
Me: "Yeah, well, I was the one paying with my card. That means that I didn't have to pay, which means that I got the free drink. So I am the lucky one."

Hmmm ... I am not sure why my brother and I argue over these small things. All I know is that someday when we are both apart and living our own seperate lives, I am sure going to miss the old days of arguing with him. Pointlessness is my favorite thing. So what am I going to do the day when I have no one to talk pointless stuff with? Hmmm ... I guess I'll survive.

Anyways, I just feel really lucky (*wink* *wink*) blessed right now sitting here sipping my FREE, VENTI, mocha frappuccino and blogging. HEHE.

Okay, so long folks!
Dacia

P.S. I am planning on writing about Thanksgiving, but I am waiting on my sister to give me the pictures that she took. I never take my own pictures when she is around. I mean, why take them when she can?

No comments:

Followers