Blog

Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Oluta

I have been meaning to write about my dad's trip to Oluta last week, but I kept forgetting.

Last week was the monthly (I think) trip down to Oluta. It is about seven hours from Toluca. I wanted to accompany him but he said that it's too expensive for me to go along. Que?

They had three services. And three new men who are going to church there. And one of them received the Holy Ghost. There should be a few baptisms on the next trip down there.
 
I have been trying to convince my dad to move to Oluta. But my family insists that it's Toluca or the US. Am I the only one who wants new scenery and adventures? I mean, I would have so much more to blog about.
 
Who wouldn't want to live in a place flowing with milk (coconut milk, that is) and honey (okay, bananas)? There are even squirrels. And I want to live near the ocean. SIGH. :D

Here are a few pictures:
This is Bro. Cartas preaching.


Sweat-soaked!


It's quite a bit hotter in Oluta than it is here in Toluca.

Listening to the word.


Prayer
Missionary Loa with ... one of the men (I haven't been down there enough times to know their names).



Missionary Loa with two old men.  :)


You know, I guess the good thing about not going to Oluta with my dad is that I don't have to be subjected to eating their food. Down there they serve stuff like iguana and armadillo. And right now wouldn't be a good time for me to visit. I mean, at the moment I can't even eat Spaghetti without getting grossed out.

I have a very weak stomach. I get grossed out every time I eat. Yesterday when I ate hamburger meat all I could thing of was crunching on hundreds of dead flies. And then when I tried to eat Spaghetti instead I could only associate it with blood.

My mum gets mad at me for being that way. But I CAN'T help it.
Mum: "Well, don't dwell on it."
Me: "I'm not. I don't intentionally think stuff like that, it just pops into my head."
Mum: "Well, think of other things. Waterfalls, blue skies ... airplanes. Tornadoes."

What my mother doesn't realize is that even from those seemingly nice thoughts my mind will eventually end up on other things. If I think of blue skies and then airplanes ... all I can think of is airplane crash and death. The same with tornadoes. SEE! It doesn't work. SIGH. I haven't been able to finish a single meal this week because I keep getting grossed out. The only things that I can eat without trouble is ... chocolate, cake, and candy!! HE!HE!HE!

So it's probably a good thing that I didn't go with my dad. I would have looked at the cooked plantains in my food and thought: "Eww, brains." HEHEHE! And then I wouldn't have been able to finish it and then they would have gotten offended. :/

Sorry, I just rambled.
But speaking of gross, LOOK:

My dad said that this is blood. YUCK!

All this leads me to the conclusion that I should definitely become a vegetarian.

Anyways, see y'all.
Dacia

No comments:

Followers