Blog

Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Breaking News!

While I was in the middle of writing my last post we had an earthquake. And it was no small tremor. It was a 6.7 magnitude. The epicenter was about 100 miles away from us (in Guerrero ... the state next to us). But, wow, the last earthquake that I wrote about last time was nothing compared to this one.

I was sitting on my floor, with my laptop on my lap, writing. And next thing I know is that the ground feels like it is actually moving. Like not just shaking, but actual moving. At first I though that someone was jumping. But then it started moving even more and all of my stuff in my room was shaking. I jumped up and ran out of my room to my mum's room yelling, "Earthquake, earthquake!" My mum was all scared. And I said, "Let's get out of here." And we ran outside. My dad and Jacob joined us out there. We waited out there until the ground stopped moving.

Man, that was quite the experience. It got my heart racing and my adrenaline pumping. After it was over I realized that when I ran out of the house I hadn't even stopped to take Chester with me. :/

Anyways, I just thought I'd write about it!

Dacia

3 comments:

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

I'm so bummed. We were in the car driving when it happened. And I've been looking forward to this for like, EVER. :(( I'm soooo disappointed.

~Bethany~

Dacia Loa said...

It was pretty cool!! And I've been waiting for it too! Hehe!

Kristen said...

ROFL! tells you how much you ACTUALLY love chester! :D

Followers