Blog

Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Time To Cast Stones Away

Tonight at church we had:
1 Baby Dedication.

I didn't know in advance that we were having a baby dedication, good thing that I had my camera.
I only took one picture though. I mean, that's all I needed.  :D


Then my dad preached. He was being rather harsh. But I think it jolted some people into reacting.
He preached about "Casting Stones Away". He got the Scripture from Ecclesiastes.

Basically, he was telling everyone that we all have idols in our heart.
Colossian 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: fornication, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

And so he told everyone that it was time for something new to happen in our lives. It's the start of a new year and we should all put away the things that are disturbing us and holding us back from giving our all to God.

Then he told everyone to make a resolution in their heart, to cast away whatever was disturbing. And he grabbed a rock from the pile:
And he cast it into the water.

The rock was to symbolize whatever it was that we wanted to cast away. And the water signified something like: the sea of forgetfulness. (I can't think of any other way to word it.)

It might sound silly. But it was actually very serious. Everyone was making a promise to God to change something in their life. These are the stones that got cast into the water.

Yes, even I went to cast a stone in the water. You see, there's something that has been bothering me for the past three years. So I decided that it was enough. I want to draw closer to God and I can't if I let anger and hurt feelings control me. It doesn't really matter how many times someone has done you wrong. You have to let it go. You have to forget. Because if not, you are only hurting yourself, and your relationship with God.

So I decided, enough is enough. And I walked to the front (even though I was feeling slightly embarrassed), picked up a stone, and said, "God, here it is! I don't want it anymore." And I threw the stone in the water.

No matter how ridiculous this may seem to you ... it really worked. As soon as I threw the stone, tears rushed to my eyes, and I felt relief. I felt free from a weight that has been on my shoulders for three years.

I know a lot of other people in the church felt the same way also. I think it really helped some of them.
I just hope that we can all remember these "resolutions" that we made. And I hope that we can all move on to have a wonderful year. I am hoping for good things in our church this year. I want to see new souls. And I want to see the people who are already in church, renewed. It's time that we all remember who our first love is.

Okay, I have got to go to bed.
I will write more ... some other day when something new happens. 
Btw, someone in my family thinks that I am too open on my blog. I won't mention names, r-e-h-t-o-m , but that person thinks I shouldn't write such personal stuff (namely the pictures of our junk room ... I think we can all figure out who said that). But why can't I? It's my blog?  :P 
And I figure that someone, somewhere, enjoys reading all of it. And to the rest of the people who don't enjoy it ... tough patooties! :D
Besides, I have nothing else to write about. So if I don't write "personal" stuff, then I will write ... nothing.

Peace & Love
Dacia

4 comments:

Kristen said...

is that yolitzi? Sounds like a good message!

Dacia Loa said...

Yeah, that's her. lol

Ash said...

Hey! The stone thingy is a real neat idea.. I will have to tell my Dad lol:).

Dacia Loa said...

Haha! Yeah, it was a good idea! :D

Followers