Blog

Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Weirdest Thing Anyone Has Ever Told Me ...

Last night after church I went outside. Two of the girls were outside and I went to say "hi". One of them was wishing me a happy birthday and she gave me a giant hug. I was caught off guard. I mean, let me just put it plainly, the only girl at church who ever really talks to me is Lupita. The rest of them just shake my hand but that's about it.

The funny thing is that I used to be really good friends with almost all of them. And I was never really sure when that changed. But I won't get into all of that. LOL.

Anyways, I gave her a big hug back (which is a rare thing for me because ... I don't do hugs). I said, "Man, you haven't talked to me in FOREVER, I miss you!" And I started making a big show (I'm dramatic) about them always ignoring me! HEHEHE! So you know what they told me? It was the weirdest thing. They said, "You want to know why we don't really talk to you?" Me: "Yeah ..."
Them: "Because you're really spiritual."
I'll admit ... that completely shocked me. I even started laughing. Me, spiritual? I definitely don't see myself as spiritual. I mean, I try to live right and be a good example, but I've never really seen myself as being particularly spiritual.

I said, "ME?!" 
And I wanted to know how they came up with that.
They said, " 'Cause you're always praying and stuff."
I was like, "Oh."
*shrug*

I really didn't see that coming. I think everyone in my family would've laughed if they would've heard that.
But I'll admit, it did kind of make my head grow a bit larger. HAHA! I mean, it feels good to have someone think that you are a good person when you feel like such a failure. Don't you agree?

Anyways, the girls promised me that they would start talking to me again. YAY! I think 2012 just might be off to a better start. I mean, if I get all of my old friends back ... that would be cool. Because although I try to act as if it doesn't bother me that none of the girls will talk to me, it really does bother me. Why? Because I love having multiple friends.

I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out. Will we become friends again (not that we're enemies or anything), or will they continue excluding me because of my supposed ... spirituality?
LOL!

Dacia

P.S. Pray for our youth. :D

6 comments:

Kristen said...

cool!

allanatohonduras said...

I am a MK in Honduras, you probably don't know me, but...I have had my friends tell me the same thing. I don't consider myself a big "spiritual" girl, you know what I mean. It was definitely a surprise to me too. It makes ya feel good.

allanatohonduras said...

my new blog is honduranchikka.wordpress.com.

Dacia Loa said...

LOL! Nice to know that I'm not the only person who gets weird comments like that. And it's even nicer to know that you get what I'm saying about not considering myself to be spiritual (I was afraid that it didn't sound right)! Hehe.
And we both agree, it does make you feel good! :D

Btw ... I do read your blog! :)

allanatohonduras said...

AAAAw...I didn't know that you read my blog. Thanks!! That makes me feel good too! ;) And yes I totally understand what you mean.

Dacia Loa said...

:)

Followers