Blog

Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Years in Toluca Pt. 1

Happy New Years to all of you!
I cannot believe that it is 2013 already.

This year was quite the BEST end of the year I've ever had. Not that it was really any more fun or different than any other year. I think I just appreciated it more this year since I am now fun-deprived in my life (He.He.). 

We decided to have a "party" to bring in the New Year. My dad thought it would be fun to have some pinatas for the kids. 
He bought three and brought them to the church where ...

... I was working.
Did I mention that I am the cleaning lady now? Yep.

I felt like I was at the church forever before everyone actually arrived. You know Mexican culture. Tell them that the party starts at 8 o'clock and no one shows up until 9:30. And then not everyone showed up, but it was enough people to have fun! :D
Everyone bowing their heads to pray for the food. This time I took an Apple Caramel cake that everyone thought was really good (I forgot to take a picture of it). Of course, my secret was that I made it from a box! No one has to know that though! 

Gathering around to get food.

Gaby, Susana and Miriam eating!

Mother and Father Loa. (My mother even took picadillo this time! Way to go, mom!)

Some of them turned over our "baptismal tank" to use it as a table. Smart.

Gaby, Susana, Miriam, Me, and Carlos. We were about the only youth that showed up, I think. Yep.

I was trying to take Samuel's picture and the stinkin' kid gets up and walks away!

The kiddos. Good thing they showed up for the pinatas! 

Bro. Escobar hanging up the rope for the pinata.

Bro. Nacho got to be the one to move the pinata around. 

The sisters watching the excitement.

The brothers.

Since there were three pinatas my dad divided it into groups. The little kids got to go first.
"Dale, dale, dale!"

CAAANNNNDDAAAYYY!!

The older kids next ...
Cathy was pretty good at it!


Dalia busted it open!

Then guess who got to hit the next pinata!!!
...
That's right ... YOURS TRULY!

My dad said that the third pinata was for the adults. Of course, no one wanted to go. I jokingly raised my hand. But then when my dad called me I was like, "Oh, no, I don't want to do it." 
SOOOOOO ...
Everyone started chanting, "Dacia, Dacia, Dacia!" And I had to do it or be a poor sport. 

And do it I did! HEHE! They put a blind-fold on me and spun me around three times.
I took half the pinata out with the first strike! The whole church roared in surprise.
I felt pretty proud!
;)

I  probably would've broken it in half except that Bro. Nacho kept moving it:
BOO! NOT FAIR!

But Susana had to go after me and she broke it apart!! 
WOOHOO!

After the pinatas we had testimonies, prayer, and songs!
Then I got to go outside with the kids and blow up my firecrackers!
Notice how smokey it looks in this picture. This is due to the fact that in Mexico there are really no laws about fireworks. Everyone and their dogs pop so many (and dangerous ones too) that the air gets really smokey!

YEAH, BABY!

After we finished with my bag I noticed a strange phenomena on the ground. So we all gathered around to look.
666. Spooky!!
HEHE!
We came to the conclusion that they were caused by the three airplane firecrackers that I had that would spin up into the air!


Most of the people left around 12:30. But with the few kids that were left and my friend, Susana, we gathered random trash from the street and made a little bonfire!

The Bro. Raul graciously gave us a wooden crate from his pick-up truck and we got an even better fire going!

By the time I got in bed that night to go to sleep it was 4 a.m. 2013!! 


No comments:

Followers