Blog

Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Three Teenagers and a Little Boy

The most AWESOME thing happened last Sunday at church.

It was all just a normal service, right. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Everyone was worshiping and praying, clapping and singing to God.

My dad's voice was shot and so he couldn't sing. That meant that I was supposed to sing. But alas, things never go as planned! Our drummer was missing and so I had to play the drums instead (yes, I can keep a beat ... just a little faster than our regular drummer)! One of the ministers had to sing since my dad and I were unable to. 

So since my dad couldn't sing he was walking around through the congregation praying for people. I wasn't really paying much attention because I was too focused on my drum playing! HEHE.
Next thing I know my dad is coming up to announce that someone had just received the Holy Ghost. Someone named Sandy. I was like, "Uhhh ... who?"

She's a visitor who has visited about five times, I guess (maybe more). 

Then after a few minutes someone else received the Holy Ghost.
And then someone else ...
and someone else!

I'll admit that there for a few minutes I started banging on all the cymbals because I was so EXCITED!

But also ...
I WAS SHOCKED!
I mean, the ONLY day that I DON'T take my camera to church and people have to get the Holy Ghost! 
C'mon!! 
:P

So I started waving at my mom (who plays the keyboard) with one drumstick while trying to keep the beat with the other!
FINALLY, I got her attention and she got out her iPod (HEHE) to take some blurry, not-so-good pictures!
Both of these girls (circled in the red heart) were visitors and both received the Holy Ghost!
Sandy and Ana Laura.

 Also ...
Angel (he hasn't been coming to church for very long either).

 And below is a picture I took last night ...
David, Sandy, and Angel (the one they're praying for). 

THREE TEENAGERS AND ONE LITTLE BOY GOT FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO excited that three of them were teenagers because last year we saw so many of our youth backslide. I'm hoping that this is a sign that God's going to bring us some more youth who have a desire and want to serve HIM!
It would be so amazing and encouraging!

I am really looking forward to what HE is going to do this year in our church!

5 comments:

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

That's AMAZING!!! Wow!

~Bethany~

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hehe :)

~Bethany~

Nonny said...

That is so exciting!! Praying for the work in Toluca!!

Sis. K.

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

This is so exciting!!! Revival!!! Oh and you had me cracking UP about you hitting all the cymbals because of excitement.... LOL!

-Nicole

David A. Stokely said...

That is very exciting news.

Followers