Blog

Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Tag

My sister requested that I do this Thanksgiving tag and so I said, what the hey, why not?

Here are the questions:

1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?  I would have to say that it is Mashed Potatoes (it would have to be since that is my favorite food)!


2 What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Pumpkin Pie, of course. 


3. Do you eat just turkey, just side dishes or both together? I eat everything together on a the BIGGEST plate that I can find. I mean, that is what Thanksgiving is all about ... stuffing your face until you are literally ready to barf!


4. What does your ideal Thanksgiving outfit look like? Hmm. I'll be happy with anything I throw on as long as I can wear a scarf and one of my pairs of lovely boots. Yeah, just let me have my boots and I'll be happy! :D


5. What is your best Thanksgiving memory? Well, I moved to Mexico when I was young. Here they do not celebrate this holiday (I would hope that every American would already know this. Unfortunately they do not and I get asked quite frequently whether it's a Mexican holiday.). Since the holiday is not celebrated here we never celebrated it either. It's only due to my constant whining about how much I LOVE Thanksgiving that we even celebrate it now. 


6. How many words can you spell our of the word "Gobble"? Gob (obviously). Oble. Bob. Lob. Leg. Blo. Ble. Bel. Leb. Go. Lo. Geo. Leo. ... 


7. Least favorite Thanksgiving food? That outrageous yellowish-green, mushy, celery-filled, sage-seasoned, cornbread wannabe called 'stuffing' or 'dressing'. I absolutely, positively cannot stand the stuff. And don't try to tell me that I just haven't tried yours. My mother is the BEST cook. And besides, I have tried the dish made by several other people and it still was disgusting (no offense to anyone who I previously told that their stuffing was delicious)! He. He. He. :D


8. Strange/Quirky Thanksgiving traditions? Like I mentioned before, I haven't celebrated that many Thanksgivings' in my life. Therefore, obviously, there are no traditions at all. 


9. Where do you and your family celebrate Thanksgiving?  
In our house. Three people. My dad, my mom, and me.

10.What are you most thankful for this year? 
This year ... I suppose LIFE. Ha. Ha. For being pain-free after having surgery (that has definitely been a plus). I'm also thankful for my cat, Templeton. He is an evil monster who makes me bleed by biting me, but he can be very sweet too and just makes ole mommy wanna cry those happy, proud mama tears! :P  
Obviously I am thankful for all of the little things in life that we always overlook. For example, go outside in that brisk fall wind and let it soak into your skin without resisting. Don't think about how cold it is, just breathe in the chilly air. The leaves have all fallen down into a soggy mass on the ground. The grass is drying out. Everything is preparing for winter, creating the most beautiful autumn smells. Okay, I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced that glorious tingling sensation just from being outside in this season (maybe I am just weird), but that is what I am trying to describe. Those are some of the many small things in life that we take for granted. Our ability to see, smell, taste, hear, and most of all our ability to feel emotions. 

And that, my dear people, is the end.
Dacia

P.S. Happy Turkey Day to everyone!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You always write the best things!

Followers