Blog

Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Man From Honduras

There's this interesting man that has been coming to our church for several months now.
My dad met him because he is a woodcarver.
And when I say woodcarver I mean WOODCARVER.
He is very good at what he does.

He took us to see these doors that he carved and painted for a man's house:

You know those had to cost bookoodles of money!

One day my dad took me by his shop to see some of the stuff that he makes.
This was a pile of wood shavings on the floor.

Some of the tools he uses.





This was the finished product.

He's a really funny man. He is very lively and always has something interesting to say. The funny thing is that he is from Honduras. So he will sit in our car (because we always pick him up for church) and tell us all the words that are different in his country. I must say that Honduras has some really strange words, so different from the Spanish I have heard here in Mexico.

Well, when the visitors were down here a few weeks ago Javier (that is his name) decided that he wanted to get baptized.

In the water.

Going under in Jesus' name!

Hopefully he will allow God to continue working in his life (he claims to have spoken in tongues since then). And then maybe he can take his new found faith back to his Honduras and share it with his family there.

Thank you, Jesus, for bringing hungry souls ... even all the way from other countries!!
:D

6 comments:

Kristen said...

wow! He's talented! and that rose- holy guacamole! So cool!

Mary Frances said...

That's AWESOME!!!

Mary Frances said...

Those doors are soooo pretty!!!

allanatohonduras said...

AAAAw, I just read this. That is so cool that he is Honduran (I may be a little biased.) :D I laughed because it is so true...there are many different words in Honduran (since I can't just say Spanish). :D

Ashley Linley said...

That's awesome!!! God is great!!!!

Ashley Linley said...

To God be the glory!!!

Followers